With deep regret...
It is with great sadness that we inform you that Ms. Patti-Brown passed away unexpectedly on Thursday, January 16, 2020. She was an extremely valued member of our Crossroads School team. We will miss her dearly and we wish to extend our deep condolences to her family at this difficult time.
Current parents were informed in a direct email so that they had the opportunity to share this sad news with their children. Students gathered together Friday morning on campus to share their thoughts and feelings. Here are some student comments about Ms. Patti-Brown:
- I remember my first time meeting her.
- She always made me feel so comfortable.
- I will remember how she made me feel when she taught me stuff. She was very calming, just like a member of my family.
- Sometimes crying is the best thing to do.
- I will miss her so much but I will keep her in my heart.
At Thanksgiving, all staff and students added their thoughts to our "Gratitude Tree." One of our students remembered and we read from Patti-Brown's own words, "I am thankful for all of the beautiful people in my life. Also, all of the wonderful animals in my life."