Last Saturday in the hot heat of Freeport, Texas, 5 students, 2 teachers, and 1 parent crossed the finish line after an exhausting bike ride ranging from 2 to 106 miles. They were met at the finish line by many parents and staff members. For some on the team, this was their first biking event, and for others, it was a day of reaching new milestones. The Bike to the Beach event was an amazing experience for all, and their goal of raising money and awareness for people with disAbilities and Autism is something we are proud to support. Team Crossroads was able to raise over $2,000, and through our participation and support of the cause, $1,000 will be given back to Crossroads School to enhance our recreational equipment.
After the race, the smiles of pride on the students faces was evident. Despite the heat and challenging distance, Team Crossroads showed determination, perseverance, and teamwork. We hope to grow Team Crossroads and host a rest stop next year. We want to thank everyone for their support and generosity.
Quotes from our students:
- Anna - "I want to do 13 miles next year!"
- Spencer - "I had a great time because so many people supported me!"
- David - "I enjoyed riding as a group."
- Noah - "It made me feel very accomplished"
- Kyle - "It was very fun!"
Quotes from our faculty:
- Justin - "This was an experience of a lifetime!"
- Azmae - "I rode over 100 miles, but the only ones that mattered were the last few with my students"