1. This year I celebrated my 50th birthday (crazy because I still feel soooo young) - which means I have been in real estate in one way or another for 32 years!
2. I have three children - Tim, Joe & Brittany - and a new daughter-in-law, Brandy (Joe). I love being a mom and wish I would have had more children...since that is not going to happen, bring on the grand-babies!
3. I absolutely LOVE sports and still play both tennis and softball competitively. In my adult life, I have been a United States Tennis Association doubles State Champion for both Illinois and Wisconsin.
4.If I won the lottery BIG...I would, of course, take care of those I love. BUT, I would spend most of my money on traveling our beautiful world. My bucket list includes - in order - the south of France, Italy, Greece and Australia. I would love to take these trips with my best friend and partner in crime, Marty!
5. A lifetime ago...I did some modeling and participated in a few pageants. My stage name was Morgan Girard. I actually went to LA to pursue the dream but came back for a boy - who ended up breaking my heart. I tell that story to my 23-year old daughter to make sure she follows her dreams so she never has regrets.
6. Since my passion includes both playing and watching tennis, I have a dream that I am planning on making a reality in the next few years. There are 4 professional tennis Grand Slam tournaments per year. I have already attended the US Open in New York, but I plan on going to the Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon to complete the circuit. Sadly, I have been to both Paris and London and DID NOT even go and grab a t-shirt from either venue! Ugh!
7. I have always wanted to live in San Diego, CA. I think La Jolla is absolutely gorgeous and, ultimately, I would love to retire there...near the ocean.
8. I am half Polish and half Mexican - yep, 50-50! My father was born and raised in Mexico and my grandfather on my mom's side was from Poland. People rarely guess my nationality correctly - especially since my hair is light now.
9. During my life I have lost many close family and friends...too many. Because of this, I have learned to embrace each day and not take it for granted. Every single day is a blessing and I choose to live life in their honor with a smile. It's not always easy but I know they wouldn't want me to stay sad all the time. My sister and only sibling, Liz, who is also my heart, has been on this journey with me. I don't know what I would do without her - truly.
10. I am choosing to live life simpler as I get older. I also am conscious on a daily basis to follow these 3 simple rules ~ 1. Don't judge - until you walk a mile in someone else's shoes, you have no idea what is happening with them; 2. Forgive - you don't always need to forget, but forgiving can change your life because it allows you to move forward; and 3. Give of yourself and your wallet whenever possible - my experience with giving is that it comes back around when you least expect it!