September 9, 2021
The Crown of Glory COVID-19 Task Force continues to offer sincere thanks to the entire Crown of Glory community for its cooperation and patience as we have navigated the complications caused by the COVID-19 Delta variant in Carver County. As the numbers of positive cases in Carver County continue to rise, the Task Force discussed at length how Crown of Glory can best respond while remaining a space that welcomes all people, no matter their age, race, gender, or whether they are vaccinated.
In caring deeply for our neighbor and all who come to Crown of Glory, the Task Force has reviewed some of our current practices around food and fellowship. We respectfully acknowledge that food and fellowship are central to many of our gatherings, but at the same time recognize that doing so poses a risk of exposure when practiced in a community setting indoors. In light of this concern, the Task Force has thoroughly reviewed recommendations and protocols from other resources such as the local school district and is now implementing the following protocols for Crown of Glory.
- There is no consumption of food or drinks inside the church building.
- The water fountains will be turned off in the hallway.
- Food and drinks are welcome outdoors. Members and guests can enjoy food and drinks on the church patio.
- Wednesday Night Dinners will be paused until further notice.
- Crown of Glory staff are allowed to eat and drink alone in their private office space.
- This protocol excludes Holy Communion; Holy Communion will continue to be served for all worship services.
As shared in previous communications, please rest assured that we will continue to discuss and research COVID-19 data for Carver County as we move forward into the fall. This Task Force will meet every two weeks and update the congregation following those meetings with any changes at that time. As a community of faith, we cannot ignore our calling to serve our neighbor. As followers of Jesus, we are called to care for the person standing next to us just as much, if not more, than ourselves.
We continue to recommend the following for staff, members and guests.
- Health Self Screening: If you are not feeling well or have any COVID-19 related symptoms, or have come in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please stay home and do not attend any in-person worship services or church related functions. Crown of Glory offers a livestream worship service on our YouTube channel at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings.
It is with hope-filled hearts that we continue to journey forward with you all and joyfully celebrate the continued opportunity to worship, sing, celebrate the sacraments, and gather as one community of faith!
The COVID-19 Task Force
Pastor Reggie Klindworth
Pastor Laura Laughlin