Property Tax Payment Reminder.
Tax payments were originally due on June 8 and Sept. 8. Lake County passed an ordinance granting taxpayers the option to pay in four installments. The payment dates are listed below:
- 50% of the first installment payment is due by June 8, 2020
- 50% of the first installment payment is due by Aug. 7, 2020
- 50% of the second installment payment is due by Sept. 8, 2020
- 50% of the second installment payment is due by Nov. 9, 2020
**Property owners with taxes in escrow are exempt from the ordinance.
Senior Freeze and Disability Exemptions to be Automatically Renewed in 2020 Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
The County sent a mailing to residents currently receiving the Senior Citizen Assessment Freeze, Homestead Exemption for Persons with Disabilities and Standard Homestead Exemption for Veterans with Disabilities, notifying residents their annual renewals would be automatic for 2020.
If this year is the first year you are filing for the Senior Freeze, you can make an appointment to meet with a staff member or you can file online. Instructions to file online are available
and you may also contact a staff member at 847-381-1120 for assistance.
To qualify for the Senior Freeze, applicants must:
- Own and occupy the home on January 1, 2019 and January 1, 2020.
- Be age 65 or older
- Have a total household income of $65,000 or less. Household income includes the income of all persons using the property as their principal dwelling place on January 1 of the tax year
Please note this exemption must be renewed annually.
Properties Held in Trust
If your property is held in a trust, we must verify you are a beneficiary of the trust. The exemptions cannot be applied without this verification. Please bring a copy of your trust. If you have questions, call us directly at 847-381-1120.
Deputy assessors are in the field measuring new construction and taking photos of recent sales.
We are here to serve you!
Rebecca M. Tonigan, CIAO