Free Fun 4 Kids event this Friday!
This school holidays leave the warmth of your 'burrow' behind and explore the great outdoors with Fun4Kids 'Warali Wali', a free festival for kids on Friday 12 July at Central Gardens, Merrylands.
Highlights of the festival include:
- World premiere of ARIA Award winner Dan Sultan's kid's album 'Nali and Friends'
- Play School's Luke Carroll entertaining at the main stage
- Athletes Zac Williams (GWS Giants), Hannah Darlington (Sydney Thunder) and Jada Mathysse-Whyman (Western Sydney Wanderers) lighting up the All Star Sports Arena
- Tool making and animal skin workshops with Ranger and Darug man Chris Tobin
- The return of the Tasmanian Tiger thanks to master puppeteers Erth Studio Workshop
- Aussie animal tours with Central Gardens Fauna keepers
- Grand opening of the Nocturnal House, home to native sugar gliders
- Carnival rides including jumping castle, giant slide and Ferris wheel
- Outdoor cinemas with screenings of classics Fern Gully and Blinky Bill
- Food trucks and heated food village
Cumberland Council and Planet Ark are inviting all residents to be inspired by nature and make a positive difference by attending a
National Tree Day event.
All families are encourage to bring a picnic blanket and enjoy a day in the park.
This is a plastic free event. Please bring your own reusable water bottle to refill at our water station.
Alongside the tree planting, this year's event will include fun activities for families and friends:
- Sustainable living workshops
- Kids painting activity
- Interactive Animal display
- Free vegetarian BBQ
When: Sunday 28 July
Time: 9.30am - 12.30pm
Where:Lytton Street Park, Wentworthville
Cooking classes with a cultural fusion of flavour
Flavours of Auburn are offering a wide-range of delicious cuisines to master from all corners of the world. Here's what's coming up:
For more information, visit the Flavours of Auburn
Refugees' resilience to be showcased at Refugee Camp
The award-winning interactive exhibition simulates the journeys of refugees, with tours being led by former refugees and local residents currently seeking asylum. Refugee Camp In My Neighbourhood will run from Wednesday 31 July - Wednesday 7 August 2018 on the grounds of the Auburn Centre for Community. Book a tour today!
For more information, visit the Refugee Camp in my Neighbourhood
Seniors Cumberland Aboriginal Cultural Tour
Are you 55 years and over looking for your next adventure? Get on board the heritage bus. It's FREE and
takes you to places of Aboriginal cultural significance on a guided bus and walking tour across Cumberland from Auburn to Prospect. Bookings are essential.
Wednesday 24 July 2019 from 9:45am to 2:30pm.
Where: Auburn Centre for Community - 44a Macquarie Road, Auburn.
Ages: For Seniors 55+.
Book online today and get involved in this exciting opportunity.
Cumberland Council, in partnership with the NSW Environment Protection Authority, is hosting a free Household Chemical Clean Out.
When: Saturday 27 July
Time: 9am - 3.30pm
Where: Guildford Depot, Enter via Foray Street, Guildford West
Residents may drop off household quantities (up to a maximum of 20 litres or kilograms of a single item) of the following items:
- Solvents and household cleaners
- Floor care products
- Ammonia-based cleaners
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Pool chemicals
- Hobby chemicals
- Motor fuels
- Fluorescent globes and tubes
- Acids and alkalis
- Smoke detectors
- Paint and paint-related products
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers
- Car and household batteries
- Motor oils and cooking oils
For other household waste, residents have to access up to four pre-booked collections per year, which can be booked by visiting cumberland.nsw.gov.au or calling 8757 9000.
Meet new friends and make a real difference as a volunteer
Volunteer with Cumberland Council's Aged & Disability Team and gain employable skills.
Flexible Volunteering is easily arranged and all expenses are covered. A standard driver's licence is required for driving positions. A wide range of roles and opportunities are on offer, you can help by:
- Meals on Wheels Driver - Delivering meals to customers at home.
- Shopping Assistant - Helping individuals with everyday tasks like grocery shopping, paying bills and scheduling appointments.
- Home Visits - Keeping isolated customers company by visiting them at home or giving them a call.
- Community Bus Driver - Driving a community bus to pick up and drop off customers or driving groups to outings.
Contact your Councillors
Cumberland Council has 14 Councillors representing the five Wards of Granville, Greystanes, South Granville, Regents Park and Wentworthville. The primary role of a Councillor is to represent the people who live in their ward. They are your bridge to Council.
To find out the Councillors for your ward and their contact details please click here.