Your generous donations to the fund-a-need were indeed needed as you can see in the photos below. Matt Rocca, Director of Facilities, and his crew have been hard at work making your donations a reality. We can't wait for you to see the "after" pictures! Stay tuned! Thank you!
- Coils in the hallways and the old unit ventilators have been removed.
- New HVAC ventilators have arrived and have been installed successfully.
- The new louver system allows for removable and regular cleaning
- The more efficient systems utilize UV light.
- The units will be able to switch from heat and cold automatically while also bringing in fresh air from the outside.
- This will provide better air quality and a more comfortable learning environment.
On a light hearted note the crew found some interesting items in the old units including but not limited to:
- yardsticks “probably from the nuns”
- 1975 baseball cards that is worth about $.60
- a $20 check from 1984
- a demerit card for a boy named Pat, who never gave it to his parents (if you know Pat, he owes us a detention)
- Halloween decorations
- photos of a family from the 90s
- numerous crayons and pencils
Cafeteria and Kitchen
- All of the abatement of the asbestos floor tiles from when the school was built in 1961 has been removed from the cafeteria and kitchen.
- The new epoxy floor and the freshly painted walls in the kitchen and cafeteria have transformed the look of the area.
- New appliances will be installed for the kitchen.
Safety and Security
- New security cameras were installed
- New door fobs, with alarms if propped open, will be installed on numerous doors
- GoGuardian was purchased for technology safety and monitoring
- We continue working with Kenton Brothers Security on a safety review
Other items around campus
- We will be sealing and re-striping the parking lot at the end of July.
- Matt has completed all painting so that every room in and out of the building has been repainted since 2020!
- The PAC gym floor is being refinished to a brilliant shine