You've asked us again and again, and we are excited to announce that it's finally here!
We are pleased to be able to offer curbside pickup of library materials beginning Monday, May 18th. We're excited for the opportunity to get library materials out to our community. First, please review the following guidelines to ensure everyone stays safe throughout this process.
- Curbside pickup will be offered Monday to Friday from 10 am to 3 pm.
- We are limiting requests to 5 items per card and one pick up a week.
- Requests will be taking by phone and library chat on our website only.
- Participants must have a library card, and will be asked for it when requesting items. Please have it ready when you contact the library.
- Items available for request will be limited to what the library has on its shelves. Please visit our catalog at https://catalog.oslri.net/ to view available items before contacting the library. To search our collection visit: and under "View Entire Collection" select the drop down menu and scroll down to North Kingstown Free Library.
- Participants will receive a morning or afternoon pickup time window, scheduled by availability when you contact us to request items.
- Only one person in the pick up area at a time. Please use appropriate social distancing as you approach the library to pick up your items.
- Bagged items for pick up will be clearly labeled with borrowers’ names and placed on a table in the library foyer inside the first set of doors during the scheduled window.
- If you miss your scheduled window, we will hold onto them for 24 hours. Please call the library to schedule a new pick up time during that window. If we do not hear from you within 24 hours, items will be checked in and put back on the shelves.
- Participants must wear masks and engage in social distancing while picking up materials.
- Checked out library materials (books, DVDs, CDs) may be returned in one of our outdoor book drops. Do not leave returns on the pick-up table.
- Please note that any returned items will be held in quarantine for up to 72 hours within the library before they are checked in. Overdue fines will be waived during this time.
- The library cannot accept donations at this time, please do not leave them on the pick up table or in our book drops.
The library remains closed to the public. We cannot accommodate any in-person services or browsing at this time, and our bathrooms are not open for public use.