Upcoming Safety Focused Seminars with Nellie J. Brown, MS, CIH
NYWEA's Member Education Committee is hosting a series of safety focused webinars in the next two weeks.
Tuesday, July 14 & Thursday, July 16, 11 am-1 pm (EST)
Occupational Chemical Exposure
2-Part Webinar Series
Approved for wastewater contact hours, 4 Hours RTC (for those that participate in both 2 hour webinars). Water contact hours are requested, but still pending review by the NYSDOH. Topics covered include:
- Physical hazards of chemicals: fundamentals, terms, applications.
- Health hazards of chemicals: fundamentals, terms, applications.
- Acute and chronic exposure.
- Using MSDS information to compare risks and find safer alternatives.
- Hierarchy of controls: ventilation, PPE, work practices.
Tuesday, July 21, 11 am-1 pm (EST)
Confined Space Entry
is a single 2-hour session. Approved for 2 wastewater and 2 water contact hours. Topics covered include:
- Overview of the problem: what is a confined space? How serious is the issue?
- Requirements of the standard; permit-required versus nonpermit-required spaces.
- Types of confined space hazards.
- Protection and prevention by permit entry procedures: case histories; short scenarios.