January 25, 2021
Dear Barrington 220 Community:
We are now in Week #2 of the Hybrid 2.0 implementation and it has been great to see more students in our school buildings.
While we are aware that one of the health metrics (Metric #1 on our coronavirus webpage) continues to exceed our Step 3 (Hybrid) threshold, our public health officials have advised that school districts can safely implement a Hybrid mode if the following five mitigation strategies are in place.
- Consistent and correct use of masks
- Social distancing to the largest extent possible
- Hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Contact tracing in collaboration with local health department
Barrington 220 is committed to following these five CDC mitigation strategies and we believe this will allow us to bring back students more often in the near future.