Eureka Math, our math tool for grades 2-8 (pilots currently in Kindergarten and 1st
grade) has launched a new website to
support parents and
students at home. Please
visit the Great
Minds website to access tools
that will support learning at
home. The resources include homework helpers, grade
module tip sheets, videos, and frequently
asked questions. This is a wonderful resource and we are excited
make it available
to our families!
Mark your Calendars for Antioch D34 Parent Universities!
The Teaching and Learning Department would like to invite parents to a series of Parent University workshops. The purpose is to create a collaborative community to help
parents become full partners in their children's education. Each session will be
facilitated by district teachers and administrators and will focus on what students
are learning in the classroom. All evening meetings are currently scheduled from 6:30 - 7:30 pm at the Administrative Services Center.
Parent University Meeting Schedule (6:30pm - 7:30pm) at the
Administrative Services Center
- October 5th - Standards Based Report Cards K-5
- October 22nd - Math Focus; Rigor, and Coherence. Understanding the Math shifts in the Common Core State Standards
- November 5th - English Language Arts (ELA). Learn about what students are learning in ELA and how to ask students questions about their reading at home.
- December 10th - Math Focus; Eureka Math. What is Eureka Math and how do I support
- my child at home?
- February 25th - Math Focus. How do I support my child's learning at home
- March 10th - ELA & Math; Growth Mindset. What is a growth mindset?
- April 14th - ELA & Math Focus; Tools to use at home. KHAN Academy and Achieve 3000
Assistant Superintendent for Teaching & Learning
Antioch School District 34