The application window for the 2018/19 Quagga and Zebra Mussel Infestation Prevention Grant Program will be:
February 25, 2019 - April 5, 2019
A Solicitation Notice containing additional information regarding the workshop date (expected in March 2019), the posting of the Guidelines and other pertinent grant documents, and the accessibility of the On-Line Grant (OLGA) Application system, will be sent prior to opening of the grant application window stated above. The Notice will also be posted on the DBW
Planning and Assessment Grant (Tier 1):
- Maximum award amount: Up to $200,000
- Applicants that do not already have a CDFW-accepted prevention plan can apply for a planning and assessment grant in order to develop a CDFW-accepted prevention plan for the reservoir.
Implementation Grant (Tier 2):
- Maximum award amount: Up to $400,000
- To be eligible for an implementation grant, applicants must provide a letter from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) at the time of application that states CDFW has reviewed and accepted a prevention plan for the reservoir (per Fish and Game Code Section 2302 and California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 672.1(b)).
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Grant applicant must own/manage any aspect of the water in a reservoir where recreational activities are permitted;
- Applicant must demonstrate that the reservoir is uninfested with dreissenid mussels; and
- The reservoir must be open to the public.
What’s New for 2018/19 Applicants?
- SB 790 broadened the eligibility of implementation grants to entities that own or manage any aspect of the water in a reservoir.
- To demonstrate that the reservoir is uninfested, applicants must provide mussel monitoring data collected since March 2018. Monitoring data can be from surface surveys, artificial substrates, and plankton tows.
For questions regarding quagga/zebra mussel monitoring, or for prevention
planning, including how to obtain a letter from CDFW, contact CDFW at Invasives@wildlife.ca.gov or Telephone: (866) 440-9530.