Dear Dayton Christian Families,
As we transition to an online learning approach, it will be vital for you and your student(s) to use DC Connect as our primary learning platform. In order to assist you with this, we have gathered some Frequently Asked Questions to help you become more familiar with DC Connect.
How do I login to DC Connect?
If you or your students have not yet logged into DC Connect, or if you forget your password, please follow the instructions below to set/reset your password and then login to DC Connect. This process should be completed once for each individual user, as each parent and each student have their own unique username and password.
- Go to https://daytonchristian.myschoolapp.com (or type the shortcut connect.daytonchristian.com) into any web browser.
- Click on Forgot Login or First Time Logging In.
- Enter the email address listed in your (or your student’s) profile in DC Connect and then select the box by Username and by Password, as needed. Select Send.
- If prompted, enter your first name and last name. Select Send again.
- The system will email you a password reset link. Once you click on the password reset link, you will be able to set your own password and then login. Note: The password reset URL times out after two hours, so you must reset the password within that time.
- You are now logged in. Enjoy DC Connect!
Note: When logging in, please remember to use your username and not your email address to login. If you need further assistance, please email
for technical support.
How do I change my email address in DC Connect?
If you have an updated email address or phone number that you want us to use, please email us that information to
. Please let us know whose email should be replaced (only yours or also your spouse’s and your student’s) and which phone numbers are being replaced.
These email addresses will be used by our teachers and administrators to communicate with you and your students, so please be sure the email addresses in DC Connect get checked regularly.
How do I get notified when I receive communications in DC Connect?
DC Connect provides the opportunity to be notified via email or text when you have received a Message in DC Connect or when Announcements, Assignments, or News items are posted.
To sign up for these notifications, follow the steps below.
- Click on the down arrow next to your name (in the top right corner of the screen) and choose Settings from the menu.
- Under Account Settings on the left, choose Notifications (as shown below).
- Enter your cell phone number if you want to receive notifications via text. You can also update your email address, if necessary, to your preferred email. Note: Please also notify the school if your email address has changed.
- Opt-in to receive texts or emails for the notifications you wish to receive by clicking the appropriate boxes.