In partnership with the Detroit Regional Chamber, we are hosting the first Detroit Summer Bridge Program for students that graduated from Detroit schools that will be attending Wayne State University, Oakland University, and Henry Ford College.
Program Dates: June 21- August 21st
- Must be a Detroit High School 2021 Graduate (Public, Private or Charter)
- Must be attending a partnered institution in the Fall (WSU, OU, HFC)
- Must complete the application
Benefit to student:
- Earn 3-4 college credits free of charge with no financial aid application required for summer, all books included
- Earn an education stipend for the completion of the program that they can use at their discretion for needed expenses
- Learn skills to support their transition to their institution
- Start network of peers from Detroit that are headed to college
- Prizes, incentives, workshops, social media campaigns etc.
This program is free for students. There are limited seats per institution. The program is virtual with 6-8 hours per week of engagement. Students can still work and do not have to leave home for the summer to participate.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Onjila Odeneal (email@example.com). Subject: Summer Bridge Program.