DISCA is still working on finalizing language for the CBA with DC 711. There has been agreement reached on a one year agreement, with a rate increase of 75¢, retroactive to May 1st, and an additional 50¢ to be effective November 1st.
Following are the key changes that will be contained in the final agreement:
1. Apprentices- The opening rate moves from 30% to 40% of the journeyman rate, and modifies the increases from 3 times/year to twice a year. Following will be the new schedule:
1st year 40%, then after 6 months 50%
2nd year 60%, then after 6 months 70%
3rd year 80%, then after 6 months 90%
2. Drug Testing- Current language provides that employers may test employees for drugs, and new language will make drug testing mandatory for drywall finishers. The cost of drug testing will be borne by DC 711.
3. LMCI- DC 711 will establish a local LMCI.
4. CBA Term- Both sides expressed an interest in having a one year renewal term.
5. B Rate- Language is being developed that would add definition to current language for utilization of a B rate for specific projects.
Once all language is finalized, a copy of the CBA and wage sheets will be distributed to all DISCA contractor members.