DIY [Do-It-Yourself] longarming is gaining in popularity. So much so, that a while ago we had booked two DIY'ers on the same day and time. This was not a problem as we have two automated Innova AutoPilot Mach 3's that can be used simultaneously.
The two DIY'ers were Stephanie B. and Flo S. They, along with Ruth, indicated that they were having a good time. I could tell they were having a good time by the melodious chatting coming out of the longarm studio! And, I asked them!
Both Stephanie and Flo are multiple users of the DIY program. Stephanie has used it about 20 times and Flo is not far behind!
Reasons For DIY Longarming!
There are many reasons given for liking the DIY program. Some are:
- It gives you "ownership" of the entire quilt-making process;
- Some awards require that you did the entire process;
- It is fun;
- There is a choice of time;
- Ruth makes the session comfortable and non-intimidating;
- It provides an understanding of all of the elements in the process;
- It saves money, as compared to the Professional Longarming Services;
- It gives you the ability, on the spot, to choose alternatives;
- It provides an opportunity to learn more from Ruth.
What We Do & What You Do!
This is a basic flow:
- You create your top;
- You make an appointment;
- You show up at the scheduled time with your top and any other items;
- We load the quilt ;
- We show you how to set up the quilting;
- You run the automated longarm under our supervision;
- You unload the quilt under our supervision;
- You admire your quilt;
- You pay us; and,
- You take your quilt home for binding.
What Is The Cost?
The cost is $25.00 per hour. This is for a basis edge-to-edge quilt that has the choice of any of our thousands of patterns. That cost includes Quilters' Dream Batting Poly Request and thread.
More custom quilts cost from $30 per hour for edge-to-edge center and a surrounding border to $35 per hour for a customized quilt.
Need More Information?
Go to our web-site, ForeverInStitches.com, and inquire at the tab "Longarming Services" then select "DIY Longarming".