CVR elected to have a longer pilot period with a single roll-out date. The roll-out for all CVR dealers was September 17th. To prepare for the transition CVR instructed dealers to stop processing at the end of the day September 11th. Some dealers have completed the transition with few issues. Many are still unable to process. A CVR representative told WATDA that many of the issues have to do with the way the dealership is set up in Partner versus in CVR.
If you're having trouble processing using CVR, here are some steps to try before attempting to call either CVR or DMV:
- Verify that your organization is set up in Partner https://emvpartner.wi.gov/
- Verify that your organization's legal name is exactly the same in Partner as it is in CVR
- Verify that all of your users have WAMS IDs
- Verify that all of your users have been assigned roles in all of the organizations for which they will be processing
- Verify that all of your users have passed their assigned test
If all of those steps have been met, contact CVR's customer service. If you find discrepancies between your organization's name in Partner versus CVR contact whichever entity has the name as anything other than your dealership's legal name and request to get it corrected.
In the meantime, CVR has instructed their dealers to send transactions to the DMV for manual processing, paying the additional $65 manual processing fee and penalty.
WATDA does not recommend sending transactions for manual processing; rather, consider using WATDA T-REG.