Harvard Internal LOI Deadline: April 17, 2019 by 5:00PM
Sponsor Letter of Intent Deadline (required): May 1, 2019
Sponsor Full Proposal Deadline: May 31, 2019
Award Amount: Total budget of a collaboration must be $2,000,000 - $5,000,000/year for five years
The DOE Office of Science (SC) program in Advanced Scientific Computing Research (ASCR) hereby announces its interest in receiving applications from large multi-disciplinary teams (requesting support of more than $2 million per year) with the potential to dramatically accelerate research in quantum computing (QC). This FOA solicits applications for Accelerated Research in Quantum Computing (ARQC) Teams that will adopt a holistic and disciplined approach to address basic research gaps in the abstractions, methods and tools that connect QC applications to hardware.
ARQC Teams are invited to submit applications for the development, support, complementing, or deployment of the following objectives:
- Basic research foundations in quantum algorithms and in quantum computer science. It is expected that the proposed teams will be structured around these two main topics and will describe processes by which the results, capabilities and resources of the Quantum Algorithm Teams (QATs) and Quantum Computing Application Teams (QCATs) will be incorporated into a robust core basic research agenda.
- Mechanisms for taking on cross-cutting algorithmic and computer science challenges across quantum computing topics for DOE and SC relevant application-specific research.
- Tools and resources to facilitate the use of diverse hardware technologies and architectures.
- Mechanisms for providing a bridge between QIS and classical applied mathematics and computer science communities.
- Plans for engaging and interacting with (as appropriate) the DOE-supported QIS community
An institution may be the Lead Institution on no more than one application. There is no limitation on the number of applications in which an institution may participate. An individual may participate in no more than two applications and may be the Team Director on no more than one application.
Harvard may serve as the lead on only one application and therefore
potential applicants must submit a letter of intent to Jennifer Corby at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 17, 2019 by 5:00PM
in order to be considered for the Harvard nomination. The letter of intent should include:
- PI name
- Names of collaborators
- Proposal title
- Brief abstract