DOR Distributes Instructions for Receiving first ARPA Payment
Late yesterday, the Wisconsin Department of Revenue emailed non-entitlement communities (generally communities with populations under 50,000) a link to a spreadsheet showing each municipality's estimated American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) allocation and the steps communities must follow to receive their first payment.
The distribution of ARPA funds to non-entitlement communities will be handled by DOR. The following information is from DOR.
The ARPA allocation for each municipalities is available on DOR's Reports web page – under 'American Rescue Plan Act – Local Fiscal Recovery Funds'.
- As required by the American Rescue Plan Act, each applicable municipality will receive 50 percent of its allocation in 2021 and the remaining portion in 2022.
Preparing to Request Funding
Steps to take now
1.Ensure your district has a valid DUNS number
- A DUNS number is required prior to registering with the SAM database (outlined below)
- Registering for a DUNS number is free of charge
To register – go to fedgov.dnb.com/webform/ or call 1-866-705-5711
Need help? Submit your question/case to D&B support
2.Confirm you have an active SAM registration
Treasury requires all non-entitlement units to complete this registration [NOTE: The League reads the U.S. Treasury Guidance specific to NEUs at page 4 to not require SAM registration as a condition of receiving an ARPA payment. Rather, the Guidance instructs states to advise non-entitlement communities to register in SAM "as soon as possible after receiving the award if the NEU is not already registered."]:
- There is no charge to register or maintain your entity SAM registration
To register or renew – go to SAM.gov
Note: SAM registration can take up to three weeks
Need help? Review the SAM registration overview or contact the Federal Service Desk at FSD.gov
Log into MyDORGov
- Click ‘View User Info’ in the top right corner
- Click ‘Edit User Profile’ to review and make changes
Note: If your email address is listed incorrectly, contact email@example.com