|Purchase tickets for this year's Devon Derby for your chance to win a two-year lease on a 2018 Buick Encore SUV! Photo: Brenda Carpenter Photography
By Caroline Goldstein
The chance to win a brand new car is back again as part of this year's Devon Derby raffle. The grand prize for this year's contest is a 2018 Buick Encore SUV.
Thanks to a generous donation from
Patriot Buick GMC
, the winner will get to take home the 2018 Buick Encore SUV for a two-year lease.
"It is our privilege to be the exclusive automotive sponsor of this wonderful event for a great cause. The Patriot team is excited to see you and your families enjoy the horse power of this year's Devon Horse Show and Country Fair," said Jason Owens, owner of
Patriot Buick GMC
A book of six tickets for the Devon Derby costs $10, while an individual ticket costs $2. Tickets can be purchased until the end of competition
night, June 2, at the Devon Derby booth right next to the Dixon Oval.
In addition to the car, participants have a chance to win a number of other prizes:
- Two pairs of authentic Maui Jim sunglasses, donated by Russell Freiman and Maui Jim
- A golf bag and head covers branded with the Devon logo, donated by Stitch Golf
- Two Phillies tickets complete with dinner and parking, donated by D'Anjolell Memorial Homes in Broomall and Malvern/Frazer
- A bicycle, donated by Trek Bicycle Ardmore and Trek Bicycle Wayne
- A pair of earrings designed by local jewelry designer Lisi Lerch
The Devon Derby drawing may take place just one day each year, but the planning is a year-round process. Immediately following each year's show, the chairmen begin working on the following year's raffle.
The Devon Derby has always been an important element of our fundraising efforts for Bryn Mawr Hospital," said Lisa Estabrook, Devon Country Fair co-chair. "The combined support of our committee chairmen and volunteers help raise over $40,000 towards our annual donation to the hospital. Please support their hard work and purchase a book of tickets. Who knows? You might be driving a brand new car this year!"