MEET ANGELO RAY
This month we asked Packaging Operator Extraordinaire, Angelo Ray, some personal questions and he was gracious enough to answer them. Read his rad responses below:
What did you do before working at CDB?
- I briefly worked in the Sonju parts department and prior to that I spent nearly 10 years as a merchandiser for Coca-Cola in Duluth.
How long have you been working for CDB?
- Just over two glorious years.
What is your favorite part of your job?
- I really enjoy being a part of creating something special in my hometown with a truly great family of coworkers. (Aww, shucks.)
What is your favorite CDB beer? What is your favorite beer outside of CDB?
If you could be any animal, which would you be?
- I'd probably be a chameleon. I'd like to think I'm a fairly patient and relaxed person who knows when to try and stand out and when to lay low and blend in.
What is your favorite movie?
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Who inspires you?
- My daughters are probably the biggest inspiration in my life. They're always pushing me to try harder, do better, and keep laughing. (We're not crying... you're crying.)
Describe one crazy moment/memory you've had at CDB.
- Around the time I started at the brewery, former CDB Legend Alex Goble (truth) was showing me how to use the “kegger”. We were wrapping up a run of George Hunter Stout and he was giving me instructions on how to put the machine into clean-in-place (CIP) mode. I had forgotten to put the cover on the fill side of the machine before I turned the dial to CIP. I flipped the dial and Stout came rocketing up, out of the kegger. It was an incredible, dark, sticky mess and Alex got soaked! I felt so bad! But it was a lesson learned in taking an extra few seconds to make sure everything is done safely and correctly.
Angelo is one of the kindest, most level-headed chaps you'll ever have the pleasure of meeting. Not to mention, an incredibly hard-worker. We are so fortunate to have him on Team Danger and can't wait to make more memories with him. Cheers to you, Angelo!