MEET RICH POWELL
The man, the myth, the legend... Rich Powell, everyone! If you live on the North Shore, chances are you've seen this Sales Representative slinging beer at a tap takeover, fundraiser, or liquor store sampling. He's been with us since the very beginning and we figured it was time we shared his story with you. Here we go!
What did you do before working at CDB?
- I was a news videographer for 14 years and also spent time being a stay-at-home dad, substitute teacher, and fishing guide before joining the CDB team.
How long have you been working for CDB?
What is the best part of your job?
- I love getting to share our beer with our customers. I am proud of the beer we make here in Two Harbors and proud of our company. I always relish the opportunity to show someone a new beer and watch them taste it for the first time.
What is your favorite CDB beer? What is your favorite beer outside of CDB?
If you could be any animal, which would you be?
- I would say I’m pretty kitten-like.
What is your favorite movie?
Who inspires you?
- My family. I have two wonderful kids and an amazing wife who works full time and keeps our crazy-train life on the tracks. I love selling our beer and having my family at home when I get done makes it even better.
Describe one crazy moment/memory you've had at CDB.
- Installing the new tap system a couple minutes before we opened our taproom for the first time. It was pretty intense. We ran out of clean growlers, so Clint washed growlers and Clint’s dad, Jamie’s dad, and I spent 5 hours filling them. Also, our story is pretty amazing. Our brewery started with Clint making beer on his stove and here we are selling beer all over Minnesota. I had about 7-8 customers when I started selling our beer and now you can find our beer almost everywhere. That is amazing to me.
Ask anyone at Castle Danger, Rich is one of the most dedicated employees on our team. His loyalty to his co-workers, customers, and our craft inspires us all. We would be lost without Rich and are thankful that he chose to devote himself to our dangerously good ales!