Datapay has been closely monitoring the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are sending this message to assure you that we are prepared to continue serving you, as well as to offer you suggestions for minimizing any disruptions.
- Our payroll software is hosted in the cloud on a secure, encrypted, professionally maintained server. That means that our staff can continue processing your payrolls remotely even if travel restrictions are implemented by local authorities.
- We have the capability to re-direct phone calls to our staff should they be forced to work remotely, allowing us to continue taking phone calls as usual.
- Our staff will continue to have access to email.
- We will continue to process payrolls submitted via our online entry platform.
While we will continue to process your payrolls, there are steps that we encourage you to take to be as prepared as possible.
These items are best practices
in the best of times, and we urge you to take this as an opportunity to do a check-up and improve these areas of your payroll process.
- We STRONGLY recommend submitting your payroll at least 2 days before your check date. For most companies who are currently submitting payrolls only 1 day before check date, this is a simple matter of changing a habit that will benefit you in the long-term. The same data is typically available 2 days before check date as compared to 1 day, and we know from 40+ years of processing payrolls that clients who submit payroll early simply have a better experience.
- If you are still receiving paper payroll reports you should take this opportunity to move to paperless reporting. Online report delivery will minimize any disruptions caused by mail or messenger delays outside of our control that might arise. And in the long term, it gives you simple access to your reports whenever and wherever you need them.
- Make sure that we have up-to-date contact information - we need to know who is authorized to speak with us, and how to reach you by phone and email.
Please contact us to help you make these improvements. Please also consider using an electronic option to submit payroll (email or online processing), as these methods allow everyone additional flexibility.
We will continue to serve you as we all navigate COVID-19 and will communicate additional information to you as necessary. Please stay safe and follow the recommendations of the
Your Team at Datapay