Tomorrow is the last day of the National Black Child Development Week (May 11-15, 2020) virtual summit!
We are grateful to all of you who joined us to today and over the course of the week-long series of webinars, educational activities, and social media events as we focused on the concerns and needs of Black children and families during the COVID-19 pandemic. The conversations and response have been amazing! We are delighted that once again, we had hundreds of attendees and participants!
With one more day to go there is still time to register for more events.
Registration is required to participate in this all-digital event. Please register now at
and feel free to share with your networks.
DAY FOUR RECAP: THURSDAY, MAY 14
NOON - 1 PM: SPECIAL NEEDS
Parents as Advocates: Supporting for Children with Different Abilities (Watch Video)
- Angela F. Williams, President & CEO, Easter Seals
- Kenya Martinez, Education Advocate, Disability Rights Education Defense Fund (DREDF)
- Ronnie Sidney, II, Award-Winning Author, Professional Speaker, Consultant, Entrepreneur, and Licensed Therapist
- Kenny Clutch, Professional Choreographer, Overcoming Adversity Influencer, and Author of When We Change the Mind, We Change the Game
1 PM - 2 PM: THE BLACK ECONOMY - PART 2
Gaining Financial Health in Black Communities Beyond COVID-19 - The Role of Black Small Businesses (Watch Video)
- Renee Johnson, Senior Government Affairs Manager, The Main Street Alliance
- Jocelyn Sturdivant, Senior Vice President, Institutional Advancement, National Black Child Development Institute
2 PM - 3 PM: HOMESCHOOL LUNCH & LEARN
Promoting Children's Learning through Daily Routines (Watch Video)
- Georgia Thompson, President, BCDI-DC Metro; Senior Program & Policy Analyst, Nemours
4:00 PM - 4:30 PM: HOMESCHOOLING HAPPY HALF-HOUR FOR CHILDREN & FAMILIES
Activate Your FORCE with Hype Coach KJ Rose (Watch Video)
- Keanna "KJ Rose" Henson, Artist Development & Performance Expert
DAY FIVE SCHEDULE: FRIDAY, MAY 15
NOON - 1 PM: WHAT'S WORKING?
A Celebration of Unity, The Power of the Family Bond"
- Eunique Jones Gibson, Award-winning photographer, activist and author of Because of Them, We Can
- Lindsay Bryant, Program Assistant, National Black Child Development Institute
1 PM - 2 PM: SOCIAL WORK
WHY EVERYONE SHOULD BE AN ACTIVIST, An "IG LIVE Exclusive"
Join us for our conversation on:
- Marley Dias, Teen activist & founder of #1000BlackGirlBooks
- Kheris Rogers, Entrepreneur, Motivational Speaker, Model, Actress, Dancer, Designer, CEO of 'Flexin in my Complexion'
- Tai Beauchamp, founder, Tai Life Media, LLC, Co-Founder, Brown Girl Jane and Founder, Beyond Ready
1 PM - 2 PM: WHAT'S WORKING?
A Conversation with Fair Count on the Importance of the 2020 Census for Black Communities
- Ed Reed, Program Director, Fair Count
- Dr. Bisa Batten Lewis, President, BCDI/Atlanta; Founder & Managing Partner, Ideal Early Learning, LLC
2 PM - 3 PM: HOMESCHOOL LUNCH & LEARN:
Learning through the Power of Play
- Dr. Devonya Govan Hunt, President, BCDI-Charlotte and CEO, Govan-Hunt Staff Development, LLC, Critical Curriculum Consulting
4:00 PM - 4:30 PM: HOMESCHOOLING HAPPY HALF HOUR FOR CHILDREN & FAMILIES
DJ Dance Party
- Michael Gary (DJ Geez), CEO, Concentric Educational Solutions
Happy National Black Child Development Week!