July 21, 2020
Dear ATLAS Family & Friends,
The Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) has provided interim guidance regarding the reopening of Day Services. This includes our Day Habilitation, Prevocational Services, Sheltered Workshops, Day Treatment and Respite Programs.
In preparation for our opening on Thursday, July 23, 2020, we have developed a number of protocols that exceed the OPWDD guidelines.
- All individuals and staff will be screened prior to entry into the day program site
- All desks will be six feet apart in all directions
- Classroom sizes are reduced
- Social distancing and density requirements will be adhered to whenever possible
- Each individual will be provided with their own supplies
- All staff and individuals will be required to use face masks/coverings
- All staff are trained on the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- All staff are trained on Infection Control
- All staff are trained on COVID-19 cleaning protocols
- All staff are trained on symptom monitoring and COVID-19 exposure reporting requirements
- Proper hand-washing and use of hand sanitizer will be encouraged throughout the day
- Van transportation will be reduced to a 50% capacity
- Vehicles will be cleaned and disinfected after each use
- Individuals will remain in the same cohort until further notice
- There will be no floating of staff between classrooms
- Cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces will be done throughout the day
- The building will be cleaned professionally at the end or prior to the start of the program
Greystone’s team has been working tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure a safe reopening of our day programs and the above measures are just some of the protocols that we have put into place.
With the guidance from OPWDD incorporated, in addition to the recommendations set forth by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Department of Health (DOH) and Greystone’s Infection Control Committee, we are confident in the reopening of our day services programs.
With warm regards,