Exciting news! We are well underway with Old Town San Diego's 3rd Annual D�a de Los Muertos! This community wide event will take place on November 1 and 2, and is less than two months away! Please check your calendar now to see if you can help. View additional information about the entire celebration and volunteer specifics.
SOHO events can only happen with the help of you, our highly appreciated volunteers! The event has grown quite large and we need more help than ever before. There are a variety of activities happening so there is sure to be a job to suit you.
We need volunteers to:
- Help us decorate altars
- Docent at one of our altars at one of three locations: Whaley House, Adobe Chapel and El Campo Santo, answering visitors questions and keeping the altar secure.
- Distribute maps and answer visitor questions at the information table
- Distribute candles for the evening procession
- Assist with the plaster skull painting, mask decorating, and other fun workshops
- Perform classic or traditional Mexican or Latin American acoustic music.
- Clean and spruce up El Campo Santo cemetery in the days before the celebration and afterwards.
Shifts are only four hours long, and there are six to choose from, so you will have plenty of time to enjoy the event before or after your shift. Please indicate the shift you are available and if you have a preference for job duty (if you are flexible please indicate that as well). And if you are able and willing to work more than 4 hours please let us know!
Thursday, November 1
Friday, November 2
5pm-9pm (procession & clean-up)
As you can see there is a lot to do, so if you can help us please email me at ashley.christensen@SOHOsandiego.org or call me at (619) 297-9327 by October 15.
I am looking forward to sharing in this wonderful event with you!