I choose a serene way of life.
Peace begins with me. No matter how others behave,
I keep peace in my heart.
It's true. I am the only one who can create the experience of peace in my life. For it begins in my own heart and mind.
I can look to the situation, people and events in my life and find validation to confirm just about anything I am thinking or feeling. And that becomes my reality. If I am in a sour mood, the world looks back at me in tart shades of grey.
If I am worried or thinking fearful thoughts, I don't feel safe and the world appears as a vague, low-grade threat. Maybe I am afraid for the country, my loved ones or the future. This kind of pervasive energy seeps into my nervous system, and becomes active or dormant depending on what is happening in my world.
On other days, I am joyfully living in a colorful motion picture and everything is falling right into place. My life is pleasant. I feel peaceful. And I am happy. Things don't look so bad and I look to tomorrow with a cheerful heart again.
If we look to the outer world to set our mood and perspective, these shifts between highs and lows will be common. Our space will change as the world ebbs and flows. And we will always be bouncing along the rougher waves of life.
Why not decide in this moment to create something different? As Louise Hay says, the only way to experience true, lasting peace is to generate it from within. When we choose to see the world in the best possible light, our nervous system relaxes and we naturally move to a more grounded and peaceful space.
I believe in there is a certain oneness of energy. I see it having an all-encompassing and enveloping kind of capacity. And by this I mean:
- What we are experiencing tends to be what we unconsciously perceive the world to be.
- And what we perceive the world to be, tends to be what we are creating more of in that moment.
- So our life experience is largely built moment by moment with our thoughts.
- The good news is, we can change our experience and affect the energy we flow into our bodies and out into the world around us.
While there are many aspects of life of which we do not control, our intentions have a significant impact on our experience. Our thoughts create intentions (conscious or unconscious) and help define who and what we attract into our space. Peaceful thoughts attract more peace. Loving thoughts attract more love. Our reality becomes created by the thoughts we choose in each moment!
If we want to live in a peaceful world, we can look at the world from peaceful eyes and choose to let go of how others are behaving. We know we can't change them. It is good to remember we can only change the sphere of energy that begins in our own hearts and minds.
Are you willing to see life from a more positive perspective? Choose more peaceful thoughts? To let yourself be drawn and connected to like-minded, positive people?
There are several offerings in this month's letter to help you shift your thoughts and create more of the reality you would like to live into. Why not step into fresh energy for 2021!
1) Join me for a new 7 week Healing Meditation Zoom class opening up Saturday mornings on January 16th. Yes, it is about meditation. However, it is really more about discovering active and empowering tools to enrich the quality of your life. Put yourself back in the drivers seat with this creative energy class in 2021. See more info below.
2) Check out the Light Warrior Program at the Ajatakasa Institute, which is one year long interdisciplinary spiritual study combining metaphysics, spiritual development, self-development, Shamanic practices, holistic health, dreamwork and so much more! I'm thrilled to teach clairvoyance and healing spiritual anatomy in February and June. Want to meet the staff, learn more about the program or ask questions about any of the amazing curriculum? Join us for a complimentary Zoom call tomorrow - Thursday, Dec 3rd at 4:00pm MT/6:00pm ET. More info below.
3) Join Althea Center for the Spiritually Engaged in their annual fund raising charity event Legends and Luminaries, a Transformational gathering for a new year and a new world, on Dec 10th, 6:30-8:30mt on Zoom. You won't believe this extraordinary guest list! Gregg Braden, Joan Borysenko PhD, Matthew Fox PhD, Alberto Villoldo PhD, Tami Simon, Mirabai Starr, Jonathan Ellerby PhD, Stephen Mitchell, Byron Katie, and Neal Donald Walsch will be offering their insights for 2021. More info below
Blessings to each of you on your journey,