Dear MMAMTA members,
Merry Christmas, and happy holidays!
Between the studio recitals, children's school activities, and traveling, December completely escaped me. And the snow on December 15 rather did an interesting number on our already busy schedule, didn't it?
- Due January 3, Friday: Pre-Collegiate Aria/Concerto Competition Application is due. Information is available: https://www.odysseymissouri.org/concerto-competition.html
- January 26, Sunday is our annual Teachers Recital at 3pm, and 4pm semi-annual meeting. Venue TBA, though I am hoping to ask MU for the use of the choir room in the new Sinquefield Music Center - now that the Steinway B has been chosen.
- 2020 Musicathon is taking place this year again at the Jerry's Instrument Shop, on March 7 & 8. Renan Leme is the chairman, and he will begin collecting requests at the January meeting.
For the January 26 recital, I am hoping to see a variety of community musicians volunteer to perform. If you are looking to expand your studio, this is a great way to expose yourself and/or advertise. E-mail Ayako what you would like to play: email@example.com.
At the semi-annual meeting, we will discuss:
- 3/7-8 Musicathon
- 8/21 Diane Hidy Tribute "Kids@Heart" Concert and 8/22 Fall Workshop
- Executive members (vacancy: Vice President)