Pinkney Park AED - located in the public restroom at the Park.
Fire Marshal Fire Prevention tips for the Holidays
Candles and holidays go hand in hand and add wonderful warmth to the festive atmosphere. Candles must be kept away from other combustible decorations and never be left unattended.
Embers from fire place ashes can remain hot for several days. If cleaning is necessary use a proper metal container with tight fitting lid for disposal.
Always use a fireplace screen to contain flying embers.
Christmas trees must be kept watered so they remain moist.
Make sure Christmas lights and other electrical fixtures are in good working order. Do not overload circuits.
Outdoor lights should be plugged into GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) outlets.
Space heaters must be properly plugged directly in to wall outlets and kept clear of combustibles.
Make sure smoke and CO detectors are present and operating properly. If you have a security system with smoke detectors, make sure it has been serviced within the past year.
In the kitchen use the timer on your phone to remind you of pots left on the stove.
The Rowayton Fire Marshal’s Office wishes everyone a Safe and Happy Holiday Season. For questions regarding these tips or any fire safety questions please contact the Fire Marshal Office at 203-854-6666 ex.2