2021 will be a budget year for Wisconsin. That means the Governor will introduce his plan, then the state legislature will make changes and take votes. This is an important opportunity to talk about the needs of people with disabilities.
Governor's remaining budget listening sessions:
Criminal Justice Reform, Tuesday, December 8 at 6 p.m.; Schools and Education, Wednesday, December 16 at 6:00 p.m. (Registration required)
- Governor's Budget Address: January
- Governor introduces his budget: February
- Legislature debates budget and holds hearings: March – May
- Legislature takes budget vote: June (estimated)
- Budget should be signed and enacted by July 1 (does not always happen)
Stay tuned for future budget advocacy opportunities!