Pineapple Balsamic Ham Glaze
By EVOO Marketplace
- 1 cup Pineapple Barrel Aged White Balsamic (Vita Sana)
- 10lb Spiral Ham
- 1lb Fresh Pineapple (Cored & Cubed)
1. Place 1 cup Pineapple Balsamic in a medium sized sauté pan.
2. Reduce over medium to medium-high heat for approximately 7-10 minutes with constant stirring.
*Note: balsamic will bubble and foam as it reduces. We recommend using overhead fan ventilation as the vinegar fumes can be strong. The goal of this step is to reduce the balsamic ~80% of the desired consistency. The remaining reduction will be done in the next step.
3. Pour hot reduction sauce into a glass bowl and set on top of a larger bowl containing ice. Stir until balsamic cools. As balsamic cools it will reduce to a slightly thick syrup.
4. Bake ham according to preparation instructions.
5. During the last 20-30 minutes pull ham out of oven and glaze with Pineapple balsamic reduction. Place pineapple chunks around ham and return to oven for the remainder of baking time.
This is a traditional balsamic glaze perfect for anything, even on top of ice-cream!