I hope you are well. As we approach this year's Reserve Estimation Unconventionals, Rockies
meeting, which is taking place in Denver
between 29th and 31st October, I wanted to alert you to the fact that the very final early bird deadline is approaching
As you will know, the Reserve Estimation Unconventionals
community meets in a number of locations throughout the year, but October's meeting is the only one in the Rockies region
addressing the Bakken, Niobrara, Piceance, Mancos and 3 Forks.
Over 4 days, you will meet over 100 reservoir engineers from operating companies across the Rockies region including representatives from Noble Energy, Exxon Mobil, Continental Resources, Statoil, Nexen, Encana and Halliburton. Together we will be addressing:
- Which estimation method will give you the best shot at accuracy: Contrasting ARPS with numerical, probabilistic and stretched exponential models
- How to improve long-term reserve estimation accuracy by using completion, flow-back and fracture data
- How to avoid frac interference: Mitigating local pressure depletion in relation to new fractures, close proximity wells and re-fracs
- How to optimize well spacing: Determining which well spacing option will have the biggest impact on capital development
- The effect of completion type on reserve recovery by exploring stimulated rock volume variables
I look forward to meeting you in Denver and welcoming you into our reservoir engineering community.
PS Don't forget to book your place
before September 27th
in order to benefit from our early bird discounts.
MD Oil & Gas Devision
P.S. Depending on your region of interest, browse one of the regional R.E.U meetings. Click to find out more:
Join in the discussions online: