Des Moines Arts Festival
June 26-28, 2020
Application Deadline 1/6/20
Call to Artist
Des Moines Arts Festival®
: Downtown Des Moines' Western Gateway Park surrounding the
and Mary Pappajohn Sculpture Park, Des Moines, Iowa
June 26-28, 2020
Friday and Saturday 11 am - 10pm; Sunday 11am - 5pm
- 180 juried artists
- Projected Attendance - 200,000+.
- Booth sitters and energetic volunteers.
- $10,050 in cash awards at the time of publication. $1500 to the Best of Show; up to five Awards of Excellence at $1000 each; three Juror Awards of $1000 each presented by each of the jurors; and the $1000 Leysens Family Award to the Best of Emerging Iowa Artist. These amounts may be altered by the jury, but the total will remain intact.
- Each of the above awards includes an automatic invitation to the 2021 show.
- Responsive website and integrated social media campaign.
- Official Festival Program includes a color thumbnail image of each exhibiting artist.
- Website includes up to three full-color images with name, bio, live link to artist website, and email.
- Free reserved off-site parking.
- Invitations to special events and receptions.
- Hospitality area.
- Air-conditioned restroom facilities.
- Exclusive "Express Lane" concessions.
- 24-hour security.
- Free electricity.
- Leisurely Thursday set-up (full day is available).
- Comprehensive emergency/evacuation plan.
- Booth Amenities.
- 10' x 10' Booth with at least 121 square feet (1' on sides and back).
- All booths on street at press time.
- Storage behind booth. Some booths will have 1' behind booth, others a full sidewalk; however, keep in mind that these sidewalks are used for electric cords and passage by Gators and people
- Jury Fee: $17.50 Oct 7th - 8th | $35 Oct 9th - Jan 6th | $45 from Jan 7th - 12th
- Booth Space $475 10'x10', Double Deeps and Corners available for additional cost
The Des Moines Arts Festival
is one of the world's most respected festivals hosting 180 of the nation's top artists on June 26-28, 2020 in a beautiful urban street setting surrounding the 4.4 acres
John and Mary Pappajohn Sculpture Park
and the newly-constructed Krause Gateway Center
Renzo Piano Building Workshop
. Thirteen time winner of the coveted Grand Pinnacle Award from the International Festivals and Events Association (IFEA), the outdoor festival of arts and culture attracts more than 200,000 people each year to its
in Iowa's capital city and largest metropolitan area.
The Festival is a show dedicated to the highest standards of excellence that works tirelessly to maintain a positive environment for artists and their clients. The Festival is a non-profit organization that contributes more than $50,000 annually from its proceeds to support the Des Moines Art Center, numerous area non-profit arts organizations,
of the Festival, and keeping your fees low.
What artists are saying...
(from the post-event artist survey and comments)
"Other artists have whispered reverently about the shimmering unicorn of an art show that is Des Moines."
"Best managed, designed and run art show in the country."
"This is one of the best-run shows anywhere in the country. They think of everything."
"You treat artists with such respect."
Application Deadline: January 6, 2020 ($35) | January 12, 2020 (Hard - $45)
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS on
Following REVEAL event
Booth Fee Due: March 27, 2020
If you apply to this show please cite Art-Linx as your source