Congregational Leadership, Service and Ministry Day, this
Saturday, Feb. 20, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
You are invited to join with others at the UUCRT who are interested in examining and improving the way the UUCRT functions in providing service to the community and serving the needs of the congregation through leadership and shared ministry. We are devoting the day on Saturday, February 20 to gather at the UUCRT meetinghouse for the following schedule of activities:
10 a.m. - 12 noon: Discussion of the UUA Common Read, Just Mercy led by Rev. Chris
12 noon - 1 p.m.: Lunch and Fellowship
1 p.m. - 4 p.m.: Leadership Council Meeting led by the UUCRT Nominating Committee
Although some people will want to come for the full day experience, you also have the option to attend the morning Common Read discussion without staying for the Leadership Council, or to attend the afternoon meeting without going to the discus
sion in the morning, or for that matter, you are welcome to just come for lunch.
The Leadership Council meeting in the afternoon is for Board members and committee chairs, anyone who identifies as a current or future leader, and anyone who feels drawn to participating in the discussion, and is for the purpose of exploring and working toward resolution of the following questions:
* How well is our present committee system working in terms of helping the UUCRT to achieve its potential for serving the needs of the congregation and community? Is it functioning well or is it broken and in need of overhaul?
* In particular, how could the work and organizational structure of the Pastoral Care Associates, Committee on Shared Ministry and Nominating Committee be improved?
* How can we best encourage active involvement with the work of the congregation while minimizing the risk of burnout, and how can we help people to enjoy their service to the congregation instead of experiencing it as burdensome?
* How can the membership of the congregation best work with the Minister and Board to help them feel supported, and to provide feedback to help them improve their service to the UUCRT?
* What changes to the Bylaws could help to facilitate improved functioning within the congregation, in particular the section on the names and purposes of the committees?