Marquette director of development Luanne Fettig announced the 2019-2020 development event schedule on Friday.
This school year's slate includes a teacher-led painting experience, a 3-on-3 basketball tournament, the return of the Love Blue, Give Gold Gala, and the ever-popular Marquette Mulligan in May.
The 2019-2020 schedule will run as follows:
- Brush & Bubbles (Oct. 23rd) - Art instructor Edwin Shelton will use his talents to guide participants in painting a fall picture on a canvas.
- Thanksgiving Throwback (Nov. 29) - Sandwiched between Thanksgiving and the Marquette vs. Michigan City basketball games on November 30th, Marquette will host an alumni-themed 3-on-3 basketball tournament in the Scholl Center Gymnasium. This promises to serve as a hearty appetizer leading into Saturday's rivalry games.
- Giving Tuesday (Dec. 3) - Switch your phones off silent on Tuesday, December 3rd as student volunteers will be conducting a telethon throughout the day.
- Love Blue, Give Gold Gala (Jan. 25) - Back by popular demand, the Love Blue, Give Gold Gala is the first event of the 2020 calendar year. This formal occasion allows for alumni, employees, parents, and friends to have a Saturday night to socialize and have a good time.
- Spring Flower Sale (May) - What better way to scrap the white and grey of winter than with festive spring flowers?
- Marquette Mulligan (May 18) - A tradition like no other, the spring golf outing is an event that numerous alumni and families have circled on their calendars. The 2020 Marquette Mulligan will be held at Long Beach Country Club with a 10:00 am shotgun start. Don't procrastinate putting your foursome together - this event sells out quickly!
Save the dates and stay tuned for more details!