Housing and Dining Services, in consultation with the campus medical director and in consideration of CDC guidelines for eating establishments, is pleased to offer limited dine-in permissions in our dining centers. Students have the option, when space is available, to eat their carry-out meal in designated areas of the buildings.
All other guidelines pertaining to face coverings, social distancing, and quarantine or isolation remain in place. Dining center entry and food service procedures are the same for dine-in and carry-out, i.e., only one clamshell and beverage trip is permitted per entry.
The dining centers have established seating areas that allow up to four students to sit at a table together, provided they follow the guidelines below. Students who fail to do so will be subject to review on the basis of policy violation. All students must abide by these guidelines, or it will be necessary to discontinue the dine-in option for all.
- Select a “family group” of students to eat with. You are encouraged to eat with the same group of four or less for each meal.
- Keep your mask on until you are seated and begin to eat. Once you have finished eating, you should put your mask back on until the others in your party are finished and you leave the dining center.
- Tables have been spaced 6 feet apart and marked to show where you may sit. Eat only at these spots.
- Leave all tables and chairs as originally placed. Do not rearrange.
- Limit your meal to 30 minutes so other students may be accommodated.
- When you’ve finished, sanitize the table using the supplies available in the dining areas.
- Dispose of your trash in the waste receptacles provided as you leave the dining center.