Our "official" program on Wednesday, March 15, 2017, explores the connection between operations and human resources in a framework uniting financial management and internal control. Our panel will focus on several topics related to your organization and your career:
1. Audit readiness – documentation – planning – the time it takes to close and be ready
2. HR Issues: Processes, compliance, structure and management including outsourcing, hiring, retention, and other issues
3. Managing your career: transitioning from one position to the next; building your credentials
4. Value of specializing in an industry; selecting a new area (industry, geographic, and responsibility scope)
5. Networking – how to!
6. Earning the next degree – is it reasonable? How to plan?
The panel looks forward to a discussion across industries including private, service industries, financial, and government entities as well as not for profit organizations.
IMA membership is not required. Our goal is to focus on the value of the IMA and the broad management, finance, and accounting focus of our profession beyond tax and audit. The session concludes with a question and answers period.
Leon Hutton, CPA, CGFM, SPHR
Deputy Division Chief, Financial Management Division, OCFO, USCIS at US Department of Homeland Security
Justin Herring, CPA, CMA, CGMA
Senior Consultant at Deloitte Advisory, Accounting and Reporting Transformation
Derek A. Fuzzell, CPA, CMA
Vice President of Finance at Northwest Federal Credit Union