August 9, 2022
Dear Dorchester Families,
As we continue to make plans for September, I ask that all parents submit this PikMyKid Default Dismissal Form for each of your children's default dismissal modes for this year by Friday, August 12, even if your mode is staying the same as last year.
This year, we are continuing our dismissal process for added safety for you and your children. Please read the items below carefully.
- Walker/Biker: This dismissal mode is for students who are walking/biking to their houses or will meet their parent/guardian on or near our campus. Students are not supervised beyond school doors.
- Car Lines: The majority of students will be dismissed using a car line. We have TWO car lines, one on the lower level and one on the upper level. Families will use the car line that corresponds to their youngest school-age child's grade.
- Car Line 1 (Lower Level) is for families with their youngest child in kindergarten, first grade, fourth grade, or fifth grade.
- Car Line 2 (Upper Level) is for families with their youngest child in second or third grade.
To clarify, the default dismissal options are:
- Car Line 1 - Families with youngest child in K, 1st, 4th, or 5th grade
- Car Line 2 - Families with youngest child in 2nd or 3rd grade
- Bus - If eligible
- After-the-Bell - If planning to register
- Walker/Biker - This option is for students as described above
NOTE: As a clarification, now and throughout the school year, DEFAULT DISMISSAL MODES must be reported/changed by main office staff.
As we move closer to the opening of the 2022-23 school year, I will share more detailed information about arrival and dismissal. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Dorchester School Principal
201-930-5600 ext. 166