To Our District 115 Staff and Students:
As a reminder, weekly voluntary COVID-19 testing is now available for staff and students at Lake Forest High School.
Details and Logistics
Testing is offered on Mondays and Thursdays each week from 7:00 - 11:00 AM. Registration is required and available HERE. Please register in advance.
Please note the following:
- Testing is free of charge and will take place in the Competition Gym.
- Please park in the lower parking lot and enter the building through the Athletic Entrance. Please proceed directly to the Competition Gym.
- Voluntary student testers should test before class on the first day of each week they attend school.
- In-person and remote athletes should test (as required) before school and proceed to class or return home.
- Staff can test on both days during planning periods, lunch, etc.
- Please fill out a consent form online before your test. Once you have a form in the system, you will not need to fill one out again.
What Kind of Test?
Passport Health is administering the Abbott BinaxNOW test. BinaxNOW is an EAU-authorized, rapid diagnostic test for the detection of the SARS-CoV-2 antigen. This rapid test is self-administered (under observation) with a nasal swab and less invasive than the nasopharyngeal test most commonly associated with COVID-19 testing. Details on the BinaxNOW test may be found here.
If You Test Positive
Voluntary testing is intended for asymptomatic people. If you are experiencing any symptoms, please do not come to the testing site. Instead, please contact your healthcare provider. If an individual tests positive, Passport Health will administer a second, confirmatory BinaxNOW antigen test. If the individual again tests positive, a RT-PCR test will be required.
If you have questions about voluntary COVID-19 testing at LFHS, please contact District 115 Director of Safety and Security Mr. Lane Linder (firstname.lastname@example.org).