Board President's Report
Mike Borkowski stated that the Board of Education believes in accountability, or taking personal ownership of actions and responsibility for outcomes. He noted for accountability to be effective, expectations must be communicated to the individual who is responsible for the action; a common and effective way to do this is through goal setting. Over the past month, the Board has defined its own goals.
Mike outlined the Board’s Core Values: Student Centric Governance, Fiscal Responsibility, and Vision Centric Leadership. The Board also established the following goals:
- Develop and align shared service processes in collaboration with the D115 Board of Education, starting with the Superintendent contract renewal process.
- Define and implement a District Dashboard which includes key performance indicators.
- Review the District Mission/Vision/Milestone document and update as appropriate. Continue on-going, long-term planning with the administration to identify District priorities.
- Continue to look for ways to increase engagement between the community and the District.
- Establish and complete a “Board Learning” goal.
Mike commented that these goals do not encompass all the work of the Board, but they do provide insight regarding Board priorities. The Board will be regularly reviewing progress against these goals and welcomes all feedback.