Do you have what it takes? Or do you have a friend or co-worker that is a go-getter? The Altavista Area Chamber of Commerce needs your help, we are seeking nominations for the upcoming open Board of Director seats. You can make several nominations or even nominate yourself.
Why would someone want to volunteer to be a Chamber Board of Director? It's a great opportunity to give back to the Altavista community and be involved in planning events for the town such as Uncle Billy's Day, TGIF and the Christmas Parade. Other great reasons include building a resume that includes leadership and volunteer service. Being on the Board helps to establish strong community relationships, earn recognition for a business, and be part of a TEAM.
Board of Directors Requirements:
- Must come from the membership of the Altavista Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Willing to serve a 3 year term that begins January 1, 2019.
- Actively participate in at least one (1) Chamber committee.
- Attend at least four (4) Chamber related functions per year (not include Board, committee meetings or Uncle Billy's Day).
- Actively participate in Uncle Billy's Day Festival the 1st Saturday and the Friday before in June.
- Bring in at least one (1) new Member per year and help solicit sponsorships for Chamber events.