NEW IBERIA, La. --- The New Iberia Spanish Festival is excited to announce the premiere of the 2020 Spanish Festival Poster Contest.
Entries are now being accepted for the art poster contest from middle school and high school students. Participants under the age of 18 need permission from a parent of guardian. All recommendations from the artist as to design will be considered, however the board of directors reserves the right to execute the final design of the poster. All non-winning posters will be returned to the artists.
Poster submissions are due by 6 p.m. on Fri., Jan. 31, 2020. No entries will be accepted after this date and time. All decisions and judging are final.
The winner will be notified by Mon., Feb. 3, 2020 via email, phone or text and will receive a $100 cash prize, official 2020 festival t-shirt, and 2020 festival poster in addition to name recognition.
The original artwork will be unveiled and
auctioned off at the 2020 Poster Unveiling Ceremony on Thurs., March 19, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. Admission is free.
The festival will be held April 17-19, 2020 in downtown New Iberia.
Below are the rules for the 2020 contest:
- All entries must be complete and suitable for reproduction.
- Only original art will be considered; reproductions are not eligible.
- Overall poster size (image plus border) must be vertical, 16"x20" canvas or paper.
- Entries may be in any medium, so long as it is readily reproducible in full color.
- Artwork must be mounted, either on foam board; or an easel will be provided for judging purposes.
- Oil, acrylics, and any other media must be completely dry. No overlays are allowed.
- The theme should reflect the Spanish Festival and heritage of New Iberia and throughout Louisiana. The artwork should be bright in color.
- No festival logo required in the artwork design. A digital logo and festival dates will be added to all printed festival posters.
- Please keep in mind that this poster art is usually displayed in a business or home.
- Artist is responsible for protecting image surface.
- All entries must complete the entry form. No entry fee is required.
- Artist must sign his or her work.
- Winning artist is required to attend the poster unveiling ceremony. Admission will be free and they are encouraged to invite family and friends to attend.
The winning original artwork and all image reproduction rights become property of
La Asociación Española de Nueva Iberia (LAENI). As such, the design will be used for marketing needs for the 2020 festival; advertisements in newspaper/magazines, digital advertisements, posters, festival t-shirts, digital media, programs, banners, festival website and more.
For more information, contact Brinkley Lopez at (337) 349-7343 or by