Domestic Abuse Resources For Survivors In Delaware
Victims of domestic violence may feel trapped and alone during this uncertain time. The requirement to remain at home may mean that victims of domestic abuse are trapped at home with their abusers.
Even though Delaware’s courts are closed for most in-person functions during the pandemic, the Family Court continues to accept petitions for orders of protection from abuse (“PFA”), and continues to address emergency PFA petitions. The
Domestic Violence Advocacy Program
(DVAP) is available to assist with PFA filings. DVAP may be reached at 302-255-2609.
In addition, victims of domestic violence in Delaware can seek help and assistance at the following 24-hour hotlines:
- New Castle County 762-6110
- Northern Kent County 678-3886
- Kent & Sussex Counties 422-8058
- Abriendo Puertas Bilingual Hotline (Sussex County): 302-745-9874
- National DV Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
Other related resources are available through the following:
- Police-Based Victim Services (Statewide) 1-800-VICTIM-1 (1-800-842-8461)
- Rape Crisis/Suicide Hotline 761-9100
- Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-292-9582
- Domestic Violence Treatment 762-8989
If you are a victim of abuse, you are not alone. Help is available.