GREAT NEWS! The District is offering first and second dose Pfizer vaccinations for SCS employees and critical support partners (i.e. custodians, bus drivers, etc.) March 29 and March 30. This is the LAST OPPORTUNITY you will have to receive a vaccine from the District.
As we work to make our entire community safer and healthier, these opportunities are now also being extended to SCS families, including children aged 16+. Please share this information with your own family, as well as the SCS families you serve. Graphics are included at the bottom of this email that can be used to promote these opportunities in your community.
Appointments are required for all vaccinations. Appointments are available both days at the Board of Education, 160 S. Hollywood St., and Teaching & Learning Academy, 2485 Union Ave. Use the links below to sign up for available time slots, but please do not sign up for more than one appointment.
A state ID is required for all vaccination appointments, and any person who has received their first dose must bring their vaccination card.
The Pfizer vaccine is the type that will be administered. You can view facts about the Pfizer vaccine here. Below are several additional reminders to review before arriving at your SCS vaccination appointment.
Arrival & Other Expectations:
- Please wear a shirt that may be easily rolled up to access the vaccination area on your (left or right) upper arm.
- To maintain the safety of everyone, wear a mask during your entire appointment, and bring your own ink pen for completing consent forms.
- To minimize traffic, do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to your selected appointment.
It is also imperative that ONLY the individual receiving the vaccine be present at the appointment. No children please.
- Due to COVID-19 protocols, we encourage you to bring a bottle of water to your appointment.
- Anyone signing up for their first dose must make arrangements for their second dose through community providers.
Additional Vaccination Opportunities:
New appointment times for first and second shots are being added daily on the City's website here.
You can visit the Shelby County Health Department's website for local vaccination opportunities or the state's website for opportunities in other counties.
- You may also check your local pharmacy or other locations that may be advertising vaccination opportunities.