ARIZONA TEACHER WALKOUT
UPDATES and INFORMATION
from YOUR CRPTO
as of 4.25.18
Scottsdale Unified School District announced today that
all campuses will be closed on Thursday, April 26th AND Friday, April 27th
and for the duration of the Arizona Teacher Walkout.
District leadership will monitor the situation daily to determine whether schools can safely reopen on Monday, April 30th. We are to be informed of that decision by 5:00 pm on Friday, April 27th.
Based on this new announcement, we would like to share some important updates and information regarding CRPTO programs, events and activities.
UPDATES AND INFORMATION
- Scottsdale Kids Food Drive THANK YOU: We are delighted to share that, thanks to you and the efforts of all of our students, friends and families who donated to the Scottsdale Kids Food Drive, Copper Ridge School was able to donate over two full truck loads of food to Navajo Elementary School. Mr. Patzlaff and his team were very thankful! Thank you again for your support. A special thank you to Mrs. Fortney, Mrs. Ambri and our CRS StuCo students for acting quickly to allow us to help those in need. Everyone’s efforts will make such a difference in the lives of those at Navajo Elementary
- CRS Rescue Week April 30th - May 4th benefitting Global Rescue Project: The CRS StuCo will sell participation stickers for $5.00 each on Monday, April 30th and Tuesday, May 1st. In the event, the Walkout extends into the week of April 30th, CRS Rescue Week will be rescheduled. All previously purchased stickers will be honored. CRS Rescue Week Flyer
- Volunteer Opportunities: If you would like to volunteer your time during the Walkout, the Scottsdale Parent Council has informed us of three churches who have agreed to open their doors to families who can’t be home with their students due to work. These churches do need food and staffing for the days the schools are closed. If you are chaperone certified then please call the churches directly to volunteer. Church Volunteer List
- A Special Invitation to all CRS 2nd Grade Students and their families: Ms. Lindsay Vanegas, Arts and Education Coordinator for the DC Ranch Homestead Playhouse, would like to invite all CRS 2nd Grade Students and their families to Seussical The Musical, Jr on Friday, April 27th at 9:00am at the DC Ranch Homestead Playhouse. Seussical The Musical, Jr. Flyer
- Middle School Track and Field Meet: The meet on Monday, April 30th is scheduled, as planned.
Please continue to monitor your email and text messages, as well as
for the very latest information. Feel free to reach out with questions or concerns to
. Thank you for your support.