5. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
You might have already guessed my answer to this, but I skate with the Cape Cod Roller Derby league and am a rostered player on the team. That takes up the majority of my free time, but the rest is spent watching the latest (and greatest) Sci-Fi movies with my husband, baking (pretending to be on the Great British Bake Off), and procrastinating the organizing of my art supply closet.
6. What is your favorite place on Cape Cod?
The first thing that comes to mind is our house! That's probably not the kind of answer you were looking for, but we are very proud to have been able to purchase our first home here. Being that my husband and I are both usually very busy, being able to have a little slice of the Cape to call home and relax means a lot to us. (Cheesy answer, yes...truthful one, absolutely.)
7. If you could invite any three people living or dead to a dinner party who would they be and why?
1. Tim Burton (director, producer, artist, writer, and animator)
2. Elizabeth Gilbert (author, Big Magic and oh yeah, that Eat, Pray, Love one too)
3. Bill Watterson (cartoonist and the author of Calvin and Hobbes)
I admire that they all have kept their childlike wonder, creativity, and imagination into their adulthood and careers—and were wildly successful while doing it. Plus their sense of humor is a lot like mine: a little immature and a lot dark, somewhat twisted, and a hint of innocence.
8. What is your superpower?
Recognizing the question under the question. Many times the real question we are asking (or seeking an answer to) is hiding underneath our big people words and feelings.
And apparently when I'm using this superpower, my closest friends tell me I get a certain "look" on my face and that's how they know a truth bomb is about to go off.