Construction activities for the next two weeks are similar to the previous two weeks' work--single lane closures with minimal impacts to drivers.
Daytime Work will occur on weekdays between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
One lane will be closed on the South Service Drive (outbound) from the Air Rights Garage, beginning on 6 p.m. on Tuesday, September 10th and lasting until 6 a.m. on Wednesday, September 11
Various single lane closures will occur on the following roads to accommodate construction:
- South Frontage Road between South Orange Street and College Street
- Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard between Orange Street and Church Street
- North Service Drive at Orange Street
- South Service Drive at Orange Street
A pedestrian detour is in place to accommodate construction on South Frontage Road near Church Street. The detour went into effect on Tuesday, August 13, 2019 and will last for approximately one year. Signage will direct pedestrians around the detour. A map of the pedestrian detour is included below.
Road signage will alert drivers and pedestrians to work areas and lane closures.
Please pay attention to this signage, slow down, and stay safe!
The Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT) will begin nighttime construction on a project unrelated to Downtown Crossing. While unrelated, CTDOT's work will occur in the vicinity of Downtown Crossing construction and will result in nighttime lane closures on North Frontage Road.
The project consists of milling, bridge deck repairs and resurfacing of the Route 34 bridge over US 1 (Columbus Plaza) and CSX Railroad in New Haven. This project is scheduled to occur the evening of Friday, August 9, 2019 to the morning of Friday, September 13, 2019.
Click here to learn more about this work.
- Pedestrian Detour . Red area is construction zone, green shows pedestrian detour around construction.
- Downtown Crossing work area for the coming weeks. Red areas are construction sites, green and blue show inbound and outbound traffic routes that will be maintained during this construction stage.