A Protein Packed Breakfast Recipe
This recipe was offered by a patient who has been successfully losing weight. It also satisfies my plate-building and meal planning strategy for optimizing metabolism by putting protein onto the breakfast plan. You would want to add more anti-oxidant food to your plate such as sliced tomato, fresh of frozen berries or a small apple or orange.
Egg White Muffins
- Egg whites
- 1 Bag of Spinach
- Minced Garlic
- Cooked Breakfast Sausage, Canadian Bacon or Ham
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare a muffin pan by oiling the pan with Pam or brushing olive or vegetable oil on the pan. You could use paper liners as well.
- While the oven is heating in a separate pan saute minced garlic in 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, add a bag of spinach and cook down til limp. Remove from heat.
- Fill each cupcake well with 1/2 cup of egg white, add spinach and meat selection.
- Seasoning to consider include Mrs. Dash Original, Tabasco or Hot Chile Paste (small amount as this stuff if spicy)!
- Place in oven until cooked (15-20 minutes)