To all my patients:
I am writing to update you on the status of clinical services at Bass Plastic Surgery as COVID-19 cases have passed their peak in New York. First and foremost, I hope that you and your family are safe and healthy. Everyone has been touched by some tragedy during this time and must bear the burden of that memory. We are now approaching reopening in New York state which has created confusing information.
As Governor Cuomo's New York On Pause executive order expires on May 15th, only five of the 10 regions in New York will enter the initial phase of reopening. New York City and Long Island have not yet met the criteria for reopening but are making steady progress. I miss all my patients and am anxious to resume seeing them but will do so when safe for my patients and strictly in compliance with public health and professional society guidance.
Elective and Cosmetic Services Still Closed
For the safety of my patients elective and cosmetic office treatments and office based surgery remain closed at this time. I am hopeful that re-opening will occur some time next month but this will be based on the data of COVID-19 progress.
Emergency Care Still Available
Phones are being answered by our staff remotely. Virtual or online visits are available for any existing or new patients. Emergency services remain available as needed.
As We Approach Re-Opening
- Office treatments will likely be available before cosmetic surgical procedures are authorized. We will bring both to you at the earliest dates that are deemed safe.
- Re-opening will likely be some time in June. We will notify all patients by email blast.
- If you want an early visit after we re-open, call the office NOW. We will place you on a list to be called as soon as we know a reopening date.
- If you need to plan, arrange a virtual consult with me NOW to put a plan in place. On-site consultations will be limited in the first few months after reopening.
- If you need information about COVID-19 or any assistance, call us. We are always here for you.
- My practice has put in place extensive screening, social distancing, enhanced disinfection and protective equipment to maximize safety when we re-open. We want you keep you safe above all.
In closing, I will dispense some advice that I am telling my family out of concern for their safety. As things re-open, maintain caution. Wear a mask or face covering. Maintain social distancing in the early weeks after On Pause is lifted. Things are better but we are not done with this. A little caution will let us do a lot more while keeping our families and community safe. I am thinking of you often and sending wishes for health and happiness.
Lawrence S. Bass, MD, FACS