Tomorrow Pinehurst UMC will try something new and even a bit scary—
we will celebrate Easter in our cars.
The Moore County Sheriff's office has given PUMC permission to worship together on Easter as long as we properly maintain our social distance.
This means church members will be asked to stay in their car with their windows rolled up for the duration of the service. Please note, no ushers will be passing out bulletins, no offering will be collected, and no donut holes will be served—so plan and pack accordingly!
Additionally, there will be no bathrooms available on Sunday morning.
Drive-In Church Instructions:
- Please arrive at PUMC by 9:50 am so that we can begin our service promptly at 10:00 am
- Find a parking space and position your car (as best you can) to see the pickup truck on the church lawn.
- Tune your FM radio to 95.9. Note: the low power transmitter will not reach more than about 1000 ft so you won't pick up the station until you are on the property. Also, nothing will be broadcast before gathering music at about 9:45.
- Bring a digital or hard copy of the Easter Bulletin. This bulletin not only contains the prayers for the service, but also the hymns and praise song lyrics. Click here for bulletin.
- During the service, participate as you would on a normal Easter Sunday—sing, pray, and joyfully worship!
Lastly, while we will try our best to provide a high-quality worship experience for all who gather—we kindly ask for extra patience and flexibility. The service will be approx. 40 minutes in length and many of our parking spaces will have obstructed views. While we recognize this is not ideal for anyone, it remains our best attempt to worship as a church family on Easter.